You could ger error “print_req_error: I/O error, dev fd0, sector 0”
when you use Ubuntu.
The cause of this error – FDD, Floppy Drive.
If you use a program for a virtual machine, you could delete FDD in options for your virtual machine.
If you use Ubuntu in PC, you could disable FDD in BIOS option, or use the instructions below.
if you use Ubuntu in cloud hosting, you could do next:
- Run this dpkg-reconfigure initramfs-tools and then restart and continue
- lsblk -f command, and note the UUID’s
- Ensure that the UUID’s in this file is right /etc/fstab — sudo nano /etc/fstab
- Ensure that the UUID’s in this file is also right /etc/initramfs-tools/conf.d/resume. — sudo nano /etc/initramfs-tools/conf.d/resume.
- Run sudo update-initramfs -u and restart
Or you should try to use this way:
# rmmod floppy
# echo “blacklist floppy” | tee /etc/modprobe.d/blacklist-floppy.conf
# dpkg-reconfigure initramfs-tools
I hope those solutions for error “print_req_error: I/O error, dev fd0, sector 0” were useful for you. If no – write a comment, and we will solve errors together.