The error 0xc00000e9 appears in two cases.
One is to mind that the error can take place not only when installing Windows Vista, Windows 7 and Windows 8, but also in cases, when the system has been installed long ago.
Error text can be different, although in most cases it appears in the following way:
Windows 7 start up error 0x00000e9 I/O error
info: an unexpected I/O error has occured.
The causes of the error 0xc00000e9, when Windows installing and the ways to fix them correctly:
- When installing Windows, you are to use Windows original image.
- When installing Windows using DVD, you are to mind that it is DVD which can be damaged; so, you are to record another disk at low speed or you can create a boot flash.
- When installing Windows with USB flash drive, you are to create a boot flash using another program.
The causes of the error 0xc00000e9 in other cases:
- The error can appear if your hard drive is damaged; so, you are to check your file system and test your HDD with special programs (e.g. MHDD, HDDScan, Victoria, etc.) You are to replace your hard drive, if you hear such sounds as cracking, whistling, etc. Don’t forget to save the information you need as soon as possible.
- SATA-ports problems are rarely appeared, but they can take place, if SATA- port is damaged. You are to plug your hard drive into another SATA-port.
- You should also mind that it is SATA-cable, which can be damaged; so, you are to replace it with the new one.
- Card-readers and other USB devices can also cause the problem. To fix the error 0xc00000e9, you are to unplug the devices.
- If there are no problems, when diagnosing your hard drive, but the error still appears, you are to use Windows repair system.
- Logitech USB devices (mice, keyboards, etc.) can also cause the error 0xc00000e9, although such cases are extremely rare. To fix the problem you are to replace USB devices with PS/2 devices.
- Windows updates can also cause the error 0xc00000e9. If the previous ways to fix the error do not work, you are to delete Windows updates step by step (in order to find a problem) and use Windows repair system.