An additional button Novo in a new Laptop Lenovo is used to extend the functionality of the device and to simplify BIOS entry. Usually, to get BIOS access, one is to find the proper combination of buttons as well as to push them when needed. Fn + F2 is often used for the purpose, but one is to mind, that other combinations can also be used.
It is quite easy to use the button.
- Turn off the laptop
- Press Novo and hold it down
- Turn on your laptop
- Release Novo button in a little while
If the abovementioned requirements are performed in a proper way, the following window appears:
You are to select the desired option.
Such models as Lenovo g50, Lenovo g510, Lenovo g500, etc. appeared in 2015 are equiped with an additional button Novo.
The error 0xc000000e can appear in different ways, but the main reason of its occurrence is the impossibility of OS loading because bootable device is not available or boot recording and settings are damaged.
The Error 0xc000000e can occur in following messages:
Info: The boot selection failed because a required device is inaccessible.
Missing or corrupt winload.exe
There are several ways you are to follow to fix the problem. Keep in mind, that there is a need to check settings to repair boot recording, etc., as there are various reasons of the error 0xc000000e.
How to fix the error 0xc000000e:
- Check BIOS settings. This method is mostly appropriate, if you have several HDD or if some other devices (Memory Card, USB Flash Drive, etc.) are connected. Be sure, the device the booting is started from is correct. If the device is incorrect, BIOS settings are to be changed.
- If HDD is not found in BIOS – check the cables, but mind, that it is HDD, which can be damaged (The error often occurs with laptops).
- If there are no problems with BIOS settings, mind that your OS can be repaired, when booting from Windows 7 installation disk. You are to choose automatic repair to fix the system. In most cases, no other steps are needed.
- If automatic repair doesn’t work, you are to use system recovery options and choose startup repair. If there are no changes, you have to fix the error manually.
If the methods written above have no effect, you are to use command prompt:
If the error occurs, you are to use the following command:
Furthermore, if OS you need is still not found, you are to use Diskpart:
The command shows the quality of Volumes. These volumes mean the quality of your HDD. Thus, Volume 0 = C, Volume 1= D, etc.
If Volume 0 and Volume 1 are not according to the sample, you are to use:
select vol 1 assign letter=f
select vol 0 assign letter=c
select vol 1 assign letter=d
The error 0xc00000e9 appears in two cases.
One is to mind that the error can take place not only when installing Windows Vista, Windows 7 and Windows 8, but also in cases, when the system has been installed long ago.
Error text can be different, although in most cases it appears in the following way:
Windows 7 start up error 0x00000e9 I/O error
info: an unexpected I/O error has occured.
The causes of the error 0xc00000e9, when Windows installing and the ways to fix them correctly:
- When installing Windows, you are to use Windows original image.
- When installing Windows using DVD, you are to mind that it is DVD which can be damaged; so, you are to record another disk at low speed or you can create a boot flash.
- When installing Windows with USB flash drive, you are to create a boot flash using another program.
The causes of the error 0xc00000e9 in other cases:
- The error can appear if your hard drive is damaged; so, you are to check your file system and test your HDD with special programs (e.g. MHDD, HDDScan, Victoria, etc.) You are to replace your hard drive, if you hear such sounds as cracking, whistling, etc. Don’t forget to save the information you need as soon as possible.
- SATA-ports problems are rarely appeared, but they can take place, if SATA- port is damaged. You are to plug your hard drive into another SATA-port.
- You should also mind that it is SATA-cable, which can be damaged; so, you are to replace it with the new one.
- Card-readers and other USB devices can also cause the problem. To fix the error 0xc00000e9, you are to unplug the devices.
- If there are no problems, when diagnosing your hard drive, but the error still appears, you are to use Windows repair system.
- Logitech USB devices (mice, keyboards, etc.) can also cause the error 0xc00000e9, although such cases are extremely rare. To fix the problem you are to replace USB devices with PS/2 devices.
- Windows updates can also cause the error 0xc00000e9. If the previous ways to fix the error do not work, you are to delete Windows updates step by step (in order to find a problem) and use Windows repair system.